I was compensated from Smith's for my review of Smith's new Clicklist grocery pickup. However, all opinions expressed are my own. You all know I love Smith's!
I tried out the new Smith's grocery online ordering service today, and you guys, it is incredible! There are so many things I love about it! Before I get into those reasons, I first want to explain what Clicklist is for those of you who may not know. Clicklist is online grocery ordering offered by Smith's. You order your groceries online, then go and pick them up at a location and time that you choose. This service is only offered at a few Smith's in Utah right now, but more are coming (more on that later too!)
All the sales and prices are the same as if you were shopping in the store, but remember, the prices will change when the ad changes on Wednesdays, so it's probably best to NOT shop on Tuesday, unless your store offers same-day pickup. (Most right now only offer next-day pickup.)
To order your groceries online, you head to Smithsfoodanddrug.com and login into your account and click on “clicklist”. If you don't have an online account yet, you can go here to register for free. From there you can choose whatever you would like to order and put it in your basket. When you are ready to checkout, you press submit. You don't pay right then, but rather when you pick up your order at the store. Just a heads up, you can't go in and change your order once you submit without calling into customer service, so to avoid hassle, don't submit until you are positive you got what you wanted.
As of right now, Smith's will only take Credit or debit cards at the Clicklist pickup areas. This means no cash, giftcards, WIC, or SNAP. There is a service fee of $4.95 to use the service, but that is waived the first 3 times you use it!
My experience has been nothing but good! There are actually some really good advantages to shopping online (and not just because you don't have to take kids in the store, which obviously is a HUGE, HUGE plus by itself.)
Here are the things I love and learned about Clicklist:
- You don't have to even put shoes on your kids. (Notice picture above.) And if you have a sleeping baby in the car, you don't have to wake them up. This may entirely avoid a monster child situation. I can't tell you how many times I've taken a crying child in the store. Golly, that's not fun.
- Shopping online keeps you in budget because it keeps a running total for you. It helps you get what you need and avoid “splurges” or unnecessary purchases.
- When I went “shopping” online yesterday, all I had to do was pull up the Smith's list I write each week and shop from there. This created the ultimate convenient shopping experience. Saving money and couponing, all with minimal effort and not having to take my kids in the store. I could take as much time as I needed to plan what coupons I was going to use, etc. SERIOUSLY COOL!
- And yes, you can use coupons. This includes paper coupons and Smith's digital coupons. When you arrive, you call into a number to let them know you are at the store, and they ask you if you have any paper coupons. How cool is that?
- MY FAVORITE PERK: When you order online, they may have to substitute another product if they don't have the exact variety or brand. This may seem like a bad thing, but it actually is mostly good, especially for us couponers. Here's why (and I found this out from personal experience today)– If they don't have the product you ordered (for example, Meadow Gold Rocky Road Ice Cream) they will substitute, for example, Farr's Rocky Road Ice Cream. They will match the price of the item you wanted (or give you the lower price) AND they will also let you use a coupon even if it doesn't match the product. They let me use my Meadow Gold coupon, even though they gave me Farr's. I got the Farr's ice cream for $1.50 (what I would have paid with my coupon if they would have had Meadow Gold.) SOOOOO—-think about when there is a HOT item on the Buy 5, Save $5 sales that is sold out. You will get a product that is similar for the same price! Are you starting to see the value in this??
Obviously, there are a couple disadvantages to using a curbside pickup service, such as having to wait until the next day to get groceries or you may miss out on the closeout items, but really the GOOD out-ways the bad by a lot in my book! Oh and by the way, most of the clicklist locations will soon have the capability of giving Catalina coupons when you pay. If you know of a catalina and it doesn't print, they will take the catalina off your total price for you. They are going above and beyond for this service and it is AWESOME.
Plus, they gave me this cute little goody bag of stuff because it was my first order. How fun and nice is that?
Remember, when you submit your order, it won't reflect your digital coupons or obviously your paper coupons. But it will reflect the fresh values savings. At the store you can give them all your coupons and see your total go down!
Where is Clicklist Offered?
The ClickList service is currently only offered at 6 stores, but they anticipate offering 14 additional locations with the new service by the end of 2016. Over the next few months, Smith’s plans to introduce ClickList to additional Utah stores located in Layton, St. George, Daybreak, Salt Lake City, Bountiful, Lehi, Provo, Saratoga Springs, Woods Cross and West Jordan.
6 Stores where the service is currently available:
• 2039 East 9400 South, Sandy, UT
• 5710 West 7800 South, West Jordan, UT
• 1370 West 200 North, Kaysville, UT
• 45 S State St Orem, UT 84058
• 217 North 2000 West Point, UT 84015
• 2434 North 400 East, North Ogden, UT
14 Stores to be added this year:
• 20 North Bluff Street, St George, UT
• 1170 East Gentile, Layton, UT
• 5448 Daybreak Parkway, South Jordan, UT
• 455 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, UT
• 3215 South Valley Street, Salt Lake City, UT
• 555 South 200 West, Bountiful, UT
• 1550 East 3500 North, Lehi, UT
• 876 East 800 South, Salt Lake City, UT
• 980 East Fort Union, Midvale, UT
• 7061 South Redwood, West Jordan, UT
350 North Freedom Blvd, Provo UT
680 West 2600 South Woods Cross UT
1820 West 9000 South, West Jordan, UT
689 North Redwood Road Saratoga Springs, UT