I recently had the opportunity to review two new limited edition ChapStick flavors: Cake Batter and Velvet Cupcake. ChapStick is a necessity in this dry, Utah weather, so it was fun to get some new flavors! I have to say, my daughter is a lot more adventurous when it comes to lip balm colors and flavors than I am, but I found I really liked these new flavors.
Both were sweet, mild flavors that both moisturized and tasted pleasant in the process! Before trying them out I thought for sure I'd like Cake Batter the best, but I really liked the Velvet Cupcake! It's a less obvious flavor and I just really like it. Here in Utah, you can purchase these limited edition flavors at either Walmart or Walgreen's.
I think both of these ChapStick flavors would be darling little birthday gifts for a friend or neighbor. They do come with a basic Birthday message on the back of the packaging, but I saw an idea years ago for ChapStick Birthday cards that I loved. I'm not a super crafty person, so I enlisted the help of my friend Julie, a Close To My Heart representative to help me out. What a superb job she did- they turned out so cute! Julie was kind enough to provide me with a step-by-step tutorial, complete with pictures and product descriptions as well. Enjoy- and let me know if you have any questions!
How to Make ChapStick Birthday Cards
- Paper Trimmer
- Scoring Blade
- Patterned Paper
- Glue Dots
- ChapStick Limited Edition Cake Batter & Velvet Cupcake flavors
- Stamps Set and Accents
1. Cut card stock to 5 ¾ x 3 ½. This will be the base of your card.
2. Score card stock at 2 ½ and then again at 3 ¼.
3. Fold on the score lines.
4. Cut patterned paper to 2 ¼ x 3 1/4 for the front of your card. Cut two pieces of card stock at the same measurement for the inside of your card. Using corner rounder, round corners if desired.
5. Using your favorite adhesive, glue the patterned paper to the front of your card and the card stock to the inside of your card.
6. Cut about 20 inches of coordinating ribbon. Use glue dots to attach to the front and back of your card.
7. Decorate with stamps, accents, or anything! Skies the limit have fun!
8. Using glue dots attach ChapStick to the inside of the card.
9. Tie ribbon in a bow or a knot.
You now have a cute, fun, inexpensive, thoughtful handmade gift!
Julie also made another cute variation on this idea~