This Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie has been one of my kids favorite games. It is geared more towards preschool age, but my 7-year old also enjoys helping his little brothers with it too. This is a super high-quality toy. The fruit pieces are a little bit heavier–they are NOT hollow cheap plastic. They are a huge choking hazard if you have a baby that will put stuff in his/her mouth though!
There are several different ways you can use this toy. You can sort colors, types of fruit, or put a certain number of fruits in each spot. It is very educational, and it also helps teach motor skills by using the big tweezers to pick up the pieces of fruit.
Get it here: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie, $10.71
- Fruity pie teaches attributes (colors and fruit shapes)and early math skills such as grouping, sorting, patterning, classifying objects, counting, learning greater than and less than, and understanding the relationship between numbers and quantity
- Small counters and jumbo tweezers provide opportunities to strengthen fine motor skills and develop pre-writing pincer grasp
- Sorting cards fit in the bottom of the pie and provide visual cues to help children identify fruit shapes, colors, and numbers. The removable divider ensures successful piece placement and top crust doubles as a bowl to hold counters.
- Includes 60 counters (7 fruits in 5 different colors), plastic pie plate with cover and removable divider, 3 double-sided sorting cards, 2 Jumbo Tweezers, and Activity Guide. Pie measures 8 3/4″D
- Winner of 3 awards
- Frustration Free Packaging: this version comes in a brown corrugate box. Easy to recycle and great for the environment!
- Ideal for ages 3+
Also get free shipping with Amazon Prime or a qualifying $49 purchase.
See other Amazon deals here!