Here is something that I wanted to bring to your attention. I noticed yesterday that on Amazon, it now says that in order to get free shipping you must spend $49+ to get free shipping. Of course, if you have Amazon Prime, nothing changes. But for those who don’t, that means you will have to spend at least $49 (instead of the previous $35+ threshold) to get your items shipped free. If you are buying just books, you can get free shipping on orders $25+.
If you are buying a lot from Amazon, and do not have a Prime membership, there are many advantages to getting one. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial, and if you don’t like it, you don’t have to keep it! In the past, if you have been waiting to get up to the $35 threshold in order to get free shipping (and now it will be $49!), then you may want to make the switch to Prime. If you think about it, you will have to be spending $14 more per order now anyway, which if you do that 7 times, you will have paid for your $99 Prime membership fee.
Here are the advantages to joining Prime:
- Get free 2-day shipping on most Amazon deals I post on this blog–you don’t have to reach the $49 threshold for free shipping!
- Get free Amazon music–no commercials like Pandora (included with your $99 Prime membership)
- Get thousands of free e-books
- Get Amazon Prime only deals. There have been many deals I post that are only good for Amazon Prime members!
- Get extra 20% off diapers when you choose subscribe and save!
- Free photo storage
- Lots of free TV shows and movies to stream.
Try out an Amazon Prime membership here for 30-days. I think you will love it! Then follow the Amazon deals right here on my site, to get the most bang for your buck!