There are plenty of coupon apps out there. So which ones, in my opinion, are actually worth using? I consider coupon apps to be the “icing on the cake” after saving with coupons. It’s just like a little fun bonus! Who doesn’t like to make money? I do have to say, not all apps are created equal, and some may be more of a hassle than a help. Have a favorite app I don’t list? Tell me about it in the comments below, and say why you love it.
Here are my Top 6 Favorite Coupon Apps:
In my opinion this is the overall best rebate app of them all. They are constantly updating offers and you get your money fast! There have been times, I have literally got money put in my ibotta acount within 20 minutes of uploading my receipt! Because I have personally made over $300 from this app alone, I would say this is a big winner in my book.
How it works:
- mobile app only, $20 to cash out
- Look at your favorite store that is listed on the app, and check which product rebates are offered at that store.
- Do a few simple tasks to “unlock” an offer.
- Buy the product, then go into the app and click on Redeem.
- Scan the product’s barcode and upload an image of your receipt
- Get real money put in your ibotta account that can be cashed out for gift cards, or transferred to your Paypal account, it’s that easy!
Mobisave is Number 1 when it comes to getting paid FAST! The fastest they have put money into my paypal account is literally 5 minutes! This app usually has a wait period of about a week to get “accepted” the first time. But, it is worth it. You can buy offers at any store and only have to upload your receipt. NO scanning product barcodes required! You get money put in your paypal account immediately. No minimum to cash out! AND they offer high-value rebates back, which makes its one of my favorites! You have to add the offers BEFORE you buy them, or you will not be eligible for the cash back. They seem to update their offers every Thursday.
How it works:
- mobile app only, no minimum to cash out. Money gets put in your paypal account
- You must select the offer BEFORE you checkout
- All offers are updated on Monday. All previous offers selected, but not redeemed will be cleared (try to select the offers right before you go shopping.)
- Buy the product, then go into the app and click on the camera icon. Upload the receipt and select which offers you bought.
- Once validated, the rebate amount will be deposited to your paypal account.
Snap is a newer app that has a little bit of a longer lead time when it comes to getting money put in your account. It is the same idea as ibotta, as far as getting a rebate on certain items. Unlike ibotta, it can take up to two weeks to see a deposit made to your Snap account. One thing I like about Snap, is that you can go to any store, even your local market, and redeem offers. They also have quite a few produce rebates. You do not have to scan the barcode from items, only upload an image of your receipt.
How it works:
- mobile app or desktop, $20 to cash out (in the form of a check mailed to you)
- Look at the offers available on the app, buy the product from any store.
- Take a picture of your receipt and select which offers you are redeeming.
- Wait for your money to be deposited. Once you have $20 in your account, you can have a check mailed out to you.
4- Checkout 51
This app comes in fourth behind the other apps because I have found it is a little bit harder to build up money in your account. I still use it because they have offers that ibotta and Snap do not have. They have new weekly offers every Thursday, and each week they offer a small rebate on a produce item. Just like Snap, you can redeem offers from any store, not only specific ones like with ibotta. They are pretty quick to deposit money to your account, but ibotta is still faster.
How it works:
- mobile app or desktop, $20 to cash out (also sent out in the form of a check)
- Look at offers available on the app, and buy the product from any store.
- Scan the barcode of the item you are redeeming and upload an image of your receipt.
- Wait for money to be deposited in your account and cash out for a check when your account reaches at least $20.
This app is only for Target. It is not a money back app like the other three, but just a coupon app that offers percentages off of hundreds of items throughout the store. For example, say it has a 25% off Honey Nut Cheerios offer. You would add that offer to your cartwheel and then bring up your barcode on your cartwheel app when you are checking out and show it to the cashier. This would deduct 25% off of the box of Honey Nut Cheerios. This barcode can also be printed off your computer if you are not using a mobile device. Cartwheel offers can be used in conjunction with manufacturer’s and target coupons!
How it works:
- mobile app or desktop
- Look through or search offers and add which ones you want to your cartwheel.
- Take the cartwheel barcode up to the cashier when you check out (this could be on your phone or printed out).
- Give the cashier the barcode after they have scanned all of your manufacturer’s and target coupons.
- Save big bucks at Target by using this app!
This is on my list because, more than anything, it is convenient. This app offers a convenient way to add Smith’s digital coupons to your Fresh Values Card. Sometimes when I am out shopping and I see a good deal, I remember there is a smith’s digital coupon for a product and I can add it to my card. Remember most Smith’s digital coupons are manufacturer’s coupons, so they cannot be used with another manufacturer’s coupon. An easy way to look at what coupons you have added is by going to “Lists” and clicking on “my coupons”.
I have tried several other coupon apps, like Shopmium (which I use on occasion), Shopkick, Savingstar, Berrycart, and Shrink, but have found that I just don’t use them that much. What apps have you used that you love? I’d love to hear!