Smith’s OFFICIAL Coupon Policy

This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.

Print Friendly

Smith’s has finally come out with an official coupon policy! Here it is:

Copy for you to print:

Smith’s Coupon Policy

Store Management has the right to accept, decline, or limit the use of ANY coupon(s).

Store Management has the right to limit the quantity of coupons and /or items purchased in a single transaction, by a single Customer, or in a single day.

An Electronic Digital Coupon and a paper Manufacturer Coupon cannot be used on the same item.

A Store Coupon and a paper Manufacturer Coupon may be used on the same item.

An Electronic Digital Coupon and Store Coupon may be used on the same item.

We do not accept expired coupons

• Doubling does not apply to the following coupon types:

•  Free
  •  Kroger
  •  Catalina
  •  Store Coupons
  •  Electronic Digital Coupons
  •  Items prohibited by law

–One store coupon per item may be used. Store coupons are nontransferable and duplication of these coupons is prohibited.

–Couponed items will not be sold to dealers.

–We do accept “free item coupons” from the Internet if all purchase requirements stated on the coupons are met.

We reserve the right to reject any Internet coupon that is altered or does not scan properly.
–Only one Internet coupon per item will be accepted.

–Internet coupons that display characteristics below will not be accepted.

• Blurry
  • Out of proportion
  • Do no scan properly
  • Appear to be altered in any way

I don’t know about any of you, but my first thoughts are: wow, this is vague! I doubt many of our common coupon issues will be resolved with this official policy. There is no mention of how overage is handled and apparently the limit for how many coupons we can use is dictated by each individual store manager? That’s going to be fun. Are internet coupons accepted in both black and white and color, or color only? No mention of that or to the new rule stating only 2 internet coupons can be used in a single transaction. Interesting.

I am happy that they specified they do take free product coupons that are printed off the internet. Also, I like that they came out and said we can stack a store coupon with a manufacturers coupon, should the stars align and that situation ever happens.

What are your thoughts?

(Visited 1,743 times, 1 visits today)

11 thoughts on “Smith’s OFFICIAL Coupon Policy

1. Heather and Jake says:

I think it might have been a typo, but you said you're glad to know they do not take free item coupons printed from the internet, but they said they DO take them if all requirements are met. So that's good. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what issues arise from each manager/cashier's take on things. I have the worst printer in the world, so my coupons always print horribly, but I usually talk them into accepting them. They scan after a try or two, they just LOOK horrible. And I feel bad about that…should probably get a new printer! I'm thankful for the helpful cashiers who are willing to take them without complaint though. 🙂

2. Funky Kim says:

I will still be doing the majority of my shopping at Winco. After being humiliated in front of many other shoppers at the Smiths closest to my home because of my coupons I now shop at a different Smiths and only for the deals. So I'm not the shopper that Smiths is looking for because I will not spend a single extra penny on anything from that store.

3. Amy says:

My Smiths told me they hadn't heard of the only two internet coupon rule. Huh? Haven't tried to do more since I heard, did not want the hassle, and it's rare I ever do.

4. Frankie says:

Smith's is my least favorite store to shop at so nothing has changed for me. I think they made their "official" policy vague so they can do whatever they want. Obviously corporate doesn't want to be bothered — they've left it up the each manager's discretion.

5. Kimberly Cherrine-Bell says:

Well since the store on 900 south and 900west questions every single coupon and has to get a manager to look at each and every one …I am betting the poor end of town is going to get the shaft AGAIN and the manager most likely won't now except ANY printed off the internet coupons…If I want to shop Smiths it will have to be in the "RICH" neighborhoods which reallly makes me mad….About ready to stop Shopping Smiths altogether.

6. bunged says:

No, they don't double coupons in Utah. however they have occasionally had double coupon days but it was usually only an increase of the coupon up to a dollar. It's been months since I've seen a sale like it.

7. Kellie Spiker says:

I called my local smiths and they said its on a special event times and it only happens about once a month. And if it only goes up to $1.00 then it isnt worth my time because their prices area already higher than Walmarts. And my Walmart doubles up to $1.00 every Tuesday!

8. Jordan says:

I'm confused on doubling at Smith's. Is it only certain days of the week? I called the Smith's in Orem and the one in Provo and they said they don't double coupons…. HELP?!?!