Yummy Treat: Reindeer Feed

023_edited-12

Update: I apologize for the inconvenience, but all of my recipes have been moved over to my new food site: Butter, with a side of Bread. Stop on over there to see what’s new!

To click straight to the Reindeer Feed, Peppermint Chex Mix post, go here:

Thank you for understanding!

(Visited 234 times, 8 visits today)

25 thoughts on “Yummy Treat: Reindeer Feed

1. Sarah says:

I made some of this yummy stuff today. I too used the bark and thought it was yummy! Of course… I think it needed more peppermint and next time I am going to buy 'regular' peppermint instead of 'sweet' peppermint. Thank you for posting!

2. Anonymous says:

I did a double take when I saw the name of the chex mix – Reindeer Feed…..there is also a Reindeer Feed children make to toss on the lawn Christmas Eve so Santa's reindeer can find their way to their house – made out of oats, glitter and other items. Children might eat this then in turn, think they can eat the "other" reindeer feed. just say'n

3. Anonymous says:

Wow anonymous, can you be anymore negative? That's like saying we can't name gummy worms gummy worms or else kids will try to eat real ones! You're dumb and are ruining holiday fun!

4. Anonymous says:

Anonymous – Not sure of the reindeer feed you're talking about but surely parents are smart enough to not let their children consume something that contains glitter!

This is looks so yummy, I can't wait to make it! Thanks for sharing!

5. Anonymous says:

I just made this, yum! The only thing I would recommend is either reduce the cereal a bit or add more white chocolate, as it felt it could have been coated a bit more. Thanks for sharing!

6. she says:

Just tried a variation. I mixed chocolate and regular chex and I used these candy melts that already had the peppermint in them. So good I can't wait for it to cool!!!

7. Anonymous says:

My sister and I made this using white chocolate chips…they never really melted enough to drizzle…should've used bark….look like shit tastes delish.

8. Utah Deal Diva says:

For anyone using white chocolate chips- it does work! I've made them this way many times. you have to watch out that you don't over cook/ melt the chocolate chips though- microwave in 30 second increments ONLY. White chocolate siezes really easily- which is most likely what happened to those who never had their chocolate smooth enough to drizzle. I've done that too! Go slow and stir a lot and it will work out just fine.

9. Anonymous says:

If you use the White Chocolate Chips you can use a tbs of Veg. oil in the chips and it helps the chocolate melt and adds shine. Just a small tip from my kitchen to yours. :)

10. Ketutar says:

Hi!
    I came here from Pinterest.
    The link to "butter with a side of bread" is not correct – it's to this same page… the right link is: http://www.butterwithasideofbread.com/2012/07/reindeer-food.html
    I changed it to Pinterest, but now I'm a bit uncertain, if you'd want people to come here in stead…
    BTW; could you check if the 50% off coupon is still working. I can't because I live in Sweden. :-) If not, I wonder if you could remove that line from the recipe. You are going to get more visits now as this recipe is spreading on Pinterest :-)

11. Anonymous says:

Made this several times. Sooooo Yimmy. Last time I must have melted the chocolate chips too long because it got clumpy. I might try adding a bit of vegetable oil next time like recommended.