The CLIPLESS Method of Couponing

This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.

File_Boxes2
Print Friendly

The clipless coupon method requires little time, but yields HUGE savings! I have been using this method for years. I don’t have time to cut out every coupon I get, so this is the perfect solution. Yes, sometimes you can miss a clearance item that you had a coupon for at home, but I feel the time saved by using this method, out-ways the time spent cutting out every coupon!

This really is a cinch–Here’s how to do it–

There are three steps to this method:

1. Each week, date the Sunday inserts and file them away. I used to use a crate, but have since graduated to something similar to this file box. File them by date they come in the Sunday’s paper. If you forget to date them, don’t worry, the date is in small print on the spine of the insert!
  2. Access the Weekly Smith’s List  I do each week to shop Smith’s and/or the Grocery Smarts lists, if you are shopping elsewhere to build a shopping list. Grocerysmarts covers just about every store in Utah. Each week the lists are updated with the current sales. Stick to the 4 or 5 star deals so you can save the most money! After you’ve selected a store, press the “Start” button in the upper, right hand corner to begin creating your list. Scroll down and click on anything you realistically need or might buy. When you’re done, press “Shrink” then press “Print” to print the page out.
  3. Now grab your coupon box and sit at the kitchen table with your list. The coupon is located on the specific item I list. Or with grocerysmarts, it is located on the right hand side of your printed list. You know exactly what coupons you need, so pull the insert out of your files, find the coupon and clip it. I use a small coupon file to hold my list and coupons. Write additional notes on the side. You’re all set to go grocery shopping! Keep the insert in your files for 5 months, then recycle!
No wondering what coupons to clip, no carrying around a bulky binder, and no dealing with expired coupons. This is a simple, proven method that saves you time and money on your grocery bill!
Remember: SS=Smartsource, RP=RedPlum, and P&G=Proctor & Gamble
 Go here to see how to get the very best deal on the Utah Sunday Newspaper
(Visited 1,910 times, 1 visits today)

15 thoughts on “The CLIPLESS Method of Couponing

1. Dannielle says:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! I personally fit into both scenarios (except I still have 2 weeks left in my pregnancy with my 2nd baby) and I really needed a simple method to couponing. Now, I'm not so overwhelmed and discouraged. Please keep the simple suggestions coming.

2. teresa says:

Oh my goodness!! Why have I never thought of putting the inserts into a file box? I just throw the stack into a basket..this is so much more organized 🙂

3. Cheryl says:

don't forget, if you hit the 'start' button then hit the big red star in the first column, it auto-highlights only the 4-5 star deals. many GS veterans don't know this feature!

4. Jill says:

This is a great idea, and I really need to do something less time consuming that what I'm doing now, but what happens when you are shopping, see an unadvertised clearance item, but your coupon is at home in a file box?

5. Staci @ Designing and Motherhood says:

This is how I do couponing as a busy mom of 3 almost 4. I choose to just file by the Sunday date and I have "brief case" with manila file folders in it. I am mostly cut as I go but I do cut a few I know I'll use. Sometimes I cut in my car before I go into a small store with a small list like Walgreens for example. I am not a clip all the coupons type of person.

6. LeMira says:

So, I've been clipping coupons for a year, but I just don't like to clip. I love how organized they are when I clip them, but I shop more like you do. I think it's time to by a plastic file bin.

7. Anonymous says:

What would really help me is a menu based on the sale items for a particular store (Smiths, in my case). I seem to spend the most time trying to figure out what to make. I have tried to simplify by have 2 weeks of menus that I rotate, but I often don't take advantage of the deals. Any ideas?

8. Mormon Surrogate says:

I'm so excited. I'd heard about this, but didn't know all the details. I just got on the Grocerysmarts site and looked at Smith's ad, and I'm going to combine with the $1 coupon sale and get some great stuff at a great deal.
    Thanks so much!

9. tina says:

Im frm Salt Lake city county.
    There is a $2.67 price for the H&S shampoo in the walmart section for stores @ grocerysmarts shopping list i really want to knw which walmart exactly is this sale at so i can go grab some because my walmart has a different price pls.

• Janica says:

Hi Susan! I keep it pretty simple since I only have 12 pockets. The categories are Food, Dairy/Juice, Cereal/Crackers/Bread, Frozen, Sweets, Feminine, Baby/Kids, Personal Care, Target, Household, Medicine, Retail.

I have thought about splitting up the food category (since that’s so broad) into canned, condiments, and meat, so that is one idea too especially if you don’t necessarily need some of the ones I mentioned above.

Hope that helps!