Wish me Luck!

This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.

Print Friendly

I’m finally going to take the plunge. I’m switching over from my current method of coupon organization for the infamous coupon binder. {sigh.}

I’ve seen a zillion variations of the coupon binder in-stores and online. I’ve read up on the different ways of using a binder. I’ve dreaded spending the $20+ on all the supplies needed. Aside from all that, I’ve decided to take the plunge.

Over the years I’ve organized my coupons in several different ways. I haven’t found a way that’s necessarily better, just different. However, I find myself shopping a lot with my kids lately and balancing my tote bag with 3 different organizers is just getting old. I’m rifling through my coupons as my kids swing from the cart and I just hope the binder method will eliminate some of the madness!

I’ll keep you posted on how I decide to organize my binder. In the mean time, wish me luck!

Photo courtesy of A Thrifty Mom.
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)

12 thoughts on “Wish me Luck!

1. Rosie says:

good luck! One tip for you, however… if you hold off for a few more weeks zippered binders will be cheap… all the back-to-school leftovers, you know? Also, you'll need at least 45 baseball card holders… I have 60 (and haven't been couponing as long as you I'm sure!) and just filled all of mine up yesterday (I clipped the last 2 weeks of coupons… all 8 inserts… yesterday!). I love my binder… theres no way I could go shopping with 2 kids in tow without it.

2. Natalia says:

I have yet to take the plunge into the big binder. Right now I'm using a photo album and it has been great. But then again, I don't have kids that I have to take with me to the grocery stores. Good luck!

3. Keri Lyn @ She Saved says:

I can't wait to see what you come up with. I just officially LEFT the baseball card coupon organizing system … it didn't work for me. I have a new system that I will be blogging about in a few days (I hope) … I will let you know how it goes. I don't know if I will ever find a system that I love, but I couldn't keep up with the tiny little pocket things anymore.

Good luck!! 😉

4. Trista says:

Good Luck! I use the binder it work great for me! I shop with 3 kids with me and it is so easy when I find a good deal that wasn't advertised I can just go to that section of my binder. I do recommend that you keep only a couple page in each section. I started with just grocery and Hygenie, etc. but then you have to look threw the sections whenstanding there so I broke them into subsections (dry goods cans, frozen, etc) and it cuts down on looking threw each section for the coupons I need.

5. Utah Deal Diva says:

This is going to take forever! Ahhh, I guess that's what I get for having so many coupons. I'm about 1/3 of the way done. Already I can see advantages and disadvantages to this system. I'll keep you all posted on what I come up with!

6. Anonymous says:

Kings in layton has a great deal on Case in zippered binders. I bought one a week ago. It's a 3" ring with a shoulder strap it has an expandable file inside(great for ads)and it zips all the way around. They are tagged at $9.99 but are ringing up at $4.99 ths cashier said it was part of the back to school sale and they would be that price for a month.

7. Ali says:

Binders are so helpful with taking advantage of random clearanced item sales. I love it and find I get so many more deals with it organized that way. Good luck with it all!

8. xela says:

Hey Jessica, how is the binder system working for you? I feel like I'm spending waaaaaaaaaay too much time clipping, organizing, and filing coupons lately so I'm considering switching now too.